[e4-dev] Re-exporting Require-Bundle

I noticed org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.workbench re-exports a couple of EMF plug-ins. As a general reminder, re-exporting should be avoided if possible, since it means you are essentially publishing the entire API of that other bundle as part of your bundle, and committing to maintaining that re-exported content indefinitely. Avoiding re-export generally gives more flexibility to remove or refactor dependencies in the future without breaking the API exposed by your plug-in. Does anyone know of a particular reason for the re-exports in this case? If I don't hear back, I'll make an attempt at fixing this to avoid re-export.

Back to the top