[e4-dev] Resources meeting notes

Martin does a much better job of this, but I've posted the minutes I
captured at today's meeting here:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Resources/Meeting/17-Apr-2009#Agenda.2FNotes

And to be honest, It's only that section, not the action items.

At any rate, we had a really good discussion about a piece that we think
is missing from the e4 story. So much of Eclipse these days is focused
on trying to be more than an IDE that we think we're actually neglecting
the fact that the IDE is still so critical to many of the vendors
investing in Eclipse. Kenn has some great ideas on how we could bring
new workflows to the IDE in Eclipse and e4 would be the vehicle for
that. Mylyn has brought some very cool enhancements like this. We could
do more.

I've asked Kenn to blog about that and I'll add in my two bits too. I'd
love to see the same types of innovation we're seeing on the UI side of
things applied to the IDE side as well. We'll see where we can take
this.

Doug.

Back to the top