Re: [e4-dev] Where to seek feedback on Google Summer of Code idea?

Elias, Thanks for the forward.

Jake,
Great to hear of the project. I would love to offer you any help in having this project done. We have been considering getting GMF working on the web as a great next step, and your work will at the very least be a great prototype for the technologies you might consider.

We should take this discussion offline, but off the top of my head here are a few thoughts you might want to consider:
o You need to figure out what code you want to run on the server. You are trying to provide a lot of capabilities, and having them completely run on the browser might make it very heavy weight.
o You might want to use something like GWT's Java to _javascript_ compiler to getting the GMF, GEF, and Draw2D capabilities on the web faster. Using this approach will perhaps also make the code more maintainable.
o You are planning 8-weeks of work for getting GEF running on the web - it will likely make sense to use something like the Logic example in GEF as a test case as you make progress for your work.

There is also the thought that ideally you might want to consider using Canvas for this code to be run faster.

Feel free to drop me an e-mail as you are considering some of these and working on the project.

Regards,
Vineet