RE: [e4-dev] Homepage / Description improved, please review

PS I also just added to the Portal:
Cheers,
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

From: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Oberhuber, Martin
Sent: Donnerstag, 19. März 2009 15:56
To: E4 Project developer mailing list
Subject: [e4-dev] Homepage / Description improved, please review

Hi all,

I just went and improved the e4 homepage [1]:
  • Added required "About this Project" leftnav
  • Added leftnav for downloads, newsgroup, mailing list, bugs
  • Added rightcolumn for "EclipseCon", "Incubation"
In order to improve the About page [2], I also added some project-info metadata in the portal:
Please review my new texts, especially the new Description [3] for accurateness, style and typos. It's based on the recent work on the "e4 in review" presentation that Kevin, Steve, Jochen and I have been doing for EclipseCon. I'd appreciate comments on it here on the mailing list (or the e4 call in a few minutes). We might want to use this kind of description in more places.

With these changes, I think we are now almost conforming to incubation rules; only an incubation icon on the downlaod pages, as well as "incubation" in the names of the downloads is missing. Wouldn't it be nice to get rid of that ugly "non-conforming-incubation" icon on the about page [2]

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/e4
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=eclipse.e4
[3] http://www.eclipse.org/e4/project-info/project-page-paragraph.html
[4] http://www.eclipse.org/e4/project-info/executive-summary.html