Re: [e4-dev] Flex Cross Compiler help

Hi Vineet -

Assuming that you followed the instructions on the wiki on how to set up the ActionScript tools (http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/SWT/Running_the_demos), the only other thing you need to do is install a debugger verion of the Flash player for your browser (you will have to uninstall your existing Flash player before installing the debug version).

Regards,
Bogdan

Vineet Sinha <vineet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/09/2009 05:01 PM

Please respond to
E4 Project developer mailing list <e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[e4-dev] Flex Cross Compiler help

Hey Guys,
We have been working on porting GEF to run using the cross compiler and have had good success. We have been able to remove all extraneous dependencies and compile the code into flex to deploy it. We have found some bugs in the cross-compiler but that is another discssion.

Right now, I would appreciate some help in debugging the flex app. I don't need a full scale debugging environment, but even some way to dump text messages would be helpful. I could hack something myself, but I would appreciate the right pointers.

Also, the e4 new and noteworthy mentioned debugger support is available. But do I need to do something special to be able to use it. (I have been able to launch the example swt apps, but not been able to use a debugger with them).

Will appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Vineet
cell: 617.818.0548