Re: [e4-dev] Introduction::UFace, PMF & Flowr

Hi All,

first of all sorry for my late response, but I wanted to wait for Tom Herrmann's (flowR) opinion before responding. He just got back from his vacations last week. Since these guys work where I live (Dresden/Germany) I just visited them and they where updating me on what flowR is compared to its predecessor that I knew.

Apparently, flowR has moved away from UI modeling. It's all about team enabling application modeling and generation now. They've got a common UI interface enabling them to exchange the UI framework. Currently they're able to generate SWT applications. To support other UI frameworks one would need to contribute an oAW generator cartridge with a specific layout editor for the screen elements. So that's where UFace might fit in. Concerning PMF, flowR seems to be covering PMF pretty much and more. The initial flowR developers are looking for someone to carry on the development for internal company policy reasons, so there's your chance...

On behalf of the flowR team I'd like to invite you to Dresden for a meeting as they won't be able to get travel funding for open source developments from their employer. What do you think?

Cheers,
Rob