Re: [e4-dev] Declarative UI in E4

Boris,

Boris Bokowski wrote:

What I was referring to (the code that is in the e4 CVS) has no dependency on EMF or JavaScript.

OK. Javascript (or at least Mozilla's Java implementation) has a pr. Thread Context object, that you enter before evaluating an expression and exit afterwards. I add dependency recording to this Context object, and in the Javascript wrappers through which you read (features of) EObjects, I get hold of the Context object (for the current Thread) and note the dependency. After the complete evaluation is done, I can get hold of all the added dependencies and attach the necessary adapters. The idea is then to integrate this with DataBinding as a special computed value and trigger re-evaluation when the relevant notifications arrive. I'm not really sure how well this will scale, e.g. if you use Javascript for computing the labels of a large list, but it works.

Hallvard

Back to the top