From: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff McAffer
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:18 PM
To: E4 Project developer mailing list
Subject: [e4-dev] e4 Survey

At a recent board meeting we had a discussion about e4 and what it means to the Eclipse membership.  The results were quite mixed with widely differing opinions and thoughts.  One thing that did come out was the idea of polling the membership for some feedback.  Mike Taylor, an elected Solution Provider director on the board volunteered to poll the Solution Providers on this topic and has set about creating a survey.  As part of this there should be a description of e4.  I'll quote Mike on this.

"I had seen the e4 description on the wiki page, but didn't find it satisfying for the purposes of this survey. This survey will go to the contact (often a "business" person) who is the designated EMO contact point for a particular Solution Provider company. Its primary intent is to get a high-level feeling for what people know and think about e4 right now. Its not really designed to be a technical or feature survey."
It would be great if as a community we can provide a brief (one paragraph) description of e4.  Something a bit deeper than "the next generation of Eclipse" but a bit shallower than what's on the wiki.

This is a really good opportunity to raise awareness of e4 and simultaneously get valuable feedback and input.

Jeff

Back to the top