Re: [e4-dev] XWT - Declarative UI

Hi Hallvard,

> I've previously argued for an
> EMF-based "live" model, so I'm happy that you haven't "silently"
> decided on an XML-based one.

There should be no secret decisions on anything.  That would be very harmful.  I cannot overemphasize the importance of this being an open project and community effort.

> Just before Christmas I sent a message about an experimental EMF "toolkit
> model",

> I haven't received any response,

Personally I think the work is interesting but unfortunately didn't have time to look at it - I was under a (self imposed) crunch to get the CSS stuff limping then there was Christmas vacation...

> but perhaps getting it into the
> repository and
> build will make it seem more relevant?

I'd say that in general the easier you can make it for something to be consumed then the higher the adoption potential.  And getting it into the e4 CVS repo helps since its a known location, aimed at a common effort, with all legal checks satisfied.  The builds will help people evaluate with ease.

> So instead the question is:
> What should I do to get my code into the repository and build?

The first step is to submit a CQ via the eclipse portal to get IP approval for the code being put into CVS under e4.  If you're unsure how to do that (it's not obvious), drop me a note and I can help guide.  Once its passed they will give you the "commit to CVS" approval, and from there we can help with creation location and build.

Regards,
Kevin

PS. I'm glad Tom and you raised this topic.  I was concerned about this kind of misinterpretation and should've followed up the e4 call with a note in this list.

Back to the top