Re: [e4-dev] multi-languages support

Hi Michael,

There is some "groundwork" but it is very preliminary. I would be very interested in others trying to plug in new languages - the earlier we do this, and the more languages we support, the better it gets (and the less we will end up with API that can only be called/used from certain languages).

If you look at the e4 photo demo app (psf files should be in the releng project) you will find an extension point "org.eclipse.e4.languages" defined by one of the plugins (I believe org.eclipse.e4.core.services) and an extension that adds _javascript_ support. There are some example scripts in the photo demo application plugin, under "scripts", but they are not referenced from the checked in Application.xmi. You can change one of the URIs for the handlers to platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.e4.demo.e4photo/js/scripts/newproject.js (the "js" in this path has to match the extension id) and it should work.

I am writing this from my vacation, without checking the code, so actual plugin/extension point/script names may be inaccurate. Let me know if these pointers are not enough to get you started and you need more help.

Boris