From: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Orme
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 12:45 PM

Subject: Re: [e4-dev] JDK level for e4 work?

BTW, the only thing I've wished for so far in Android/Dalvik that isn't there is java.beans.  So I ported it from the Apache Harmony sources.

Regards,

Dave Orme

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Gorkem Ercan <gercan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I do not think there is/should be a single answer for the JDK level on
e4. I do not really know how to formulate it but the closer the work
to the RCP, it is more likely that we can use it in the embedded
space. If we need to really come up with a rule of thumb. I guess we
could formulate it with dependencies. Here is my quick dirty version
"if feature is mainly built on top of org.eclipse.swt,
org.eclipse.jface, org.eclipse.core.runtime, org.eclipse.ui,
org.eclipse.update.core only then consider using CDC FP 1.1"
--
Gorkem