[e4-dev] Stale e4 resources bundles

In the e4 resources call I was asked about several bundles that are in the e4 resources repository but not in the map files. These are stale bundles that shouldn't have been migrated into the e4 repository. They are all empty except for a readme.txt describing that they are obsolete. The list is:

org.eclipse.core.filesystem.macosx.ppc   (this was replaced with org.eclipse.core.filesystem.macosx that has universal binaries for ppc and x86)
org.eclipse.core.resources.compatibility - This is a bundle for migrating local history from workspaces created with Eclipse 3.0 or earlier. This can just be omitted because we will never change it, and we plan to remove it from the 3.x stream eventually as well.

And the following are all stale fragments that used to contain natives that are now in the core.filesystem fragments:

org.eclipse.core.resources.hpux
org.eclipse.core.resources.linux
org.eclipse.core.resources.macosx
org.eclipse.core.resources.qnx
org.eclipse.core.resources.win32

If there are no objections I will just delete all of these stale bundles from the e4 repository to reduce clutter.

John

Back to the top