[e4-dev] EMF Styling

Hi guys,

I've been working on a prototype project called EMF Styling lately. It's a model customization/styling/refining CSS like textual DSL for EMF models. The original motivation is to address the problem of customizing/refining intermediate models in a Eclipse EMF based MDSD toolchain in order to be able to do incremental model generation while preserving user model refinements.

But at MD Day 2008 in Paris last tuesday, thanx to Olivier Moïse (project lead of Wazaabi) I had the pleasure to meet Ed Merks to whom I made a demo of EMF Styling, and he suggested that it could be useful for E4 as well. He told me you were looking for a solution to style EMF based UI models and that EMF Styling could serve as a base for that purpose.

So far, the project contains the DSL, the ecore metamodel, an editor with full completion and an basic engine. Everything is release as EPL. The project page is here:
http://wiki.ops4j.org/confluence/display/ops4j/EMF+Styling

The project is a proof of concept, it's currently in alpha stage and anything might change any time. It wasn't originally designed as a runtime technology but as a tooling technology related closely to MDSD hence the usage of Xtext, but If that project can indeed help with E4, I'd be glad to see if I can help.

Kind regards,

--
Cédric Vidal
Technical Architect at ProxiAD