From: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Orme
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:53 PM
To: E4 Project developer mailing list
Subject: Re: [e4-dev] Declarative UI

Yves,

How big is the XAML runtime?

-Dave Orme

On Nov 11, 2008 8:45 AM, "Gorkem Ercan" <gercan@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Declarative UI is something that we would like to utilize in the
embedded world of eSWT as well.

Actually we had a Nokia internal effort as early as 2005 that had
ended up using XSWT to implement a declarative UI for eSWT. We never
reached the end of it because we did not really have a complete eSWT
implementation on our devices at that time. The size is extremely
important to eSWT. With the XSWT based solution we we were able to run
in less than 100K of additional software. I favor a DOM based model
because we already have the plumbing for DOM available and optimized
on all places (eRCP and MIDP) we are using eSWT.

Although our experiment work was based on XSWT, I do not really favor
it over XAML. One thing that I could not really put in place on my
mind is the relation with CSS. If I recall correctly XAML can include
styling information. Are there already established rules on how XAML
works with CSS. I guess the goal is to be able to use both to form a
single model of the UI.
--
Gorkem

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Angelo zerr sc...