Re: [e4-dev] Declarative UI

Angelo zerr schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I would like speak about UFace <http://code.google.com/p/uface/> that
> I'm using into TK-UI <http://tk-ui.sourceforge.net/index.html> and I
> find very helfull to manage Declarative UI.  With TK-UI you can describe
> UI with any XML Markup (XUL, XHTML,...) and render it into any renderer
> (SWT, SWT Forms, Swing...) Today I'm using UFace which is UI facade
> which provide a lot of think like Databinding (based on JFace
> Databinding). I like UFace because anything can be bounded :
>
> * UI widgets  : any properties of (visible, text... properties if UI
> widgets). For instance if you call setVisible, it fire event so it's
> possible after to observe this property (with SWT we cannot catch this
> visble event for instance).

This is a very interesting point Angelo is raising here. I think when we
describe our UI and directly interface with SWT people HAVE TO program
against the DOM (whether it is EMF or anything else) and not directly
against the widget because changes in the UI like setVisible(),
setEnabled(), ... can't be synced back live to the declarative model
simply because SWT is not informing us about these changes with events.

I don't see this as a problem though. By the way in "Modeling the
Workbench" we identified only a hand full of things where we need to
sync back from the Widget (e.g. Resize, Iconify, ...) to the model. We
assume that *all* other operations are happening on model and are then
reflected in the UI.

Tom

tom schindl                               leiter softwareentwicklung/CSO
eduard-bodem-gasse 8/3    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top