[dtp-pmc] Rough Draft of 1.6.2 Schedule and Rampdown Plan

Hi all...

A couple of questions popped up this morning regarding the DTP 1.6.2 schedule, now that we're at the end of 1.6.1.

I've put together a very rough wiki page with a schedule of dates (no rampdown policy yet). You can see it here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/DTP_1.6.2_Schedule_and_Rampdown_Policy

Would you please take a look at the dates and see if it makes sense date-wise? I'm concerned about the Christmas and New Years holidays and how most folks tend to take time off at the end of the year. The January 6 date seems too close to New Years' for me, but if we push it back to December, we run into Christmas. I'm open to suggestions. :)

I believe we're going to continue using the HEAD stream as the main development stream until we branch. And I'm suspecting that we branch the 1.6 (i.e. 1.6.2) stream off the HEAD when we're ready for Galileo and continue to do development in HEAD for Galileo.

We postponed a discussion of when the branch will occur until Linda returns from vacation.

In the meantime, I think if Xiaoying is ok with it we can start doing 1.6.2 nightly builds as of Thursday (1.6.1 officially is released today, Wednesday September 24).

--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity Team Lead
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.

Back to the top