[dtp-pmc] Re: (Sub) project & committer resignation notice

Bjorn,

Ok -- so, for the short term, let's have me remain as a committer on DTP
Incubator, with write access to the o.e.d.incubator, o.e.d.releng, and
o.e.d.build CVS modules.

For a DTP releng project: That's an interesting idea -- I'll bring it up
to the PMC for consideration.

-- John

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 07:31 -0700, Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:
> John,
> With the newly approved development process, there are no longer any
> "generic" or "upper-project-wide" commit rights: everything is now (or
> will soon be) based on the leaf nodes of the project-sub-project tree.
> So just choose which leaf nodes you want to remain a committer on and,
> ta da, we'll make it happen.
>
> If DTP wants to have a sub-project named "datatools.releng" whose
> committers are the only ones with write-access to o.e.d.build and
> o.e.d.releng and whose committers do not have write access to other
> CVS modules (unless they are also committers on those sub-projects),
> that's a perfectly good solution.
>
> Sorry for the detailed questions, but I just want to make sure that we
> are setting the right bits for you so that you don't find some
> permission problem down the line.
>
> Cheers,
> Bjorn
>
> John Graham wrote:
> > Sure -- but the question here is what to remain a committer on. Each DTP
> > subproject has a set of committers. Each DTP subproject has a CVS module
> > associated with it. So far, simple.
> >
> > DTP has, however, two release engineering CVS modules -- o.e.d.build and
> > o.e.d.releng -- where feature definitions, build scripts, etc. are
> > stored. These specific modules are not owned by any one DTP subproject,
> > but rather DTP as a whole.
> >

> --
> [end of message]

Back to the top