[dtp-pmc] Re: (Sub) project & committer resignation notice

Title: New Page 1
John,
With the newly approved development process, there are no longer any "generic" or "upper-project-wide" commit rights: everything is now (or will soon be) based on the leaf nodes of the project-sub-project tree. So just choose which leaf nodes you want to remain a committer on and, ta da, we'll make it happen.

If DTP wants to have a sub-project named "datatools.releng" whose committers are the only ones with write-access to o.e.d.build and o.e.d.releng and whose committers do not have write access to other CVS modules (unless they are also committers on those sub-projects), that's a perfectly good solution.

Sorry for the detailed questions, but I just want to make sure that we are setting the right bits for you so that you don't find some permission problem down the line.

Cheers,
Bjorn

John Graham wrote:
Sure -- but the question here is what to remain a committer on. Each DTP
subproject has a set of committers. Each DTP subproject has a CVS module
associated with it. So far, simple.

DTP has, however, two release engineering CVS modules -- o.e.d.build and
o.e.d.releng -- where feature definitions, build scripts, etc. are
stored. These specific modules are not owned by any one DTP subproject,
but rather DTP as a whole.

--
[end of message]

Back to the top