[dtp-pmc] DTP Galileo Planning Has Begun!

Hi all...

Yes, it's getting to be that time of year again when we start looking beyond the last release and forward to next June. Galileo will be released in June 2009 and we need to figure out what it is we want to work on over the next 9-10 months in DTP.

The DTP PMC has put together a high level list of what we'd like to focus on (http://wiki.eclipse.org/DTP_Galileo_Planning), but we're very interested in what you in the DTP community have to say about DTP direction. What do you want to see us work on? What can you help us with? What pain points do we need to address to make DTP adoption easier?

So... If you have input on where you'd like to see DTP head, now is the time to pipe up. (Not that we're not listening all year round, but we need to at least have a general idea of what we should be working on by the middle of September so we can get our plans together.)

We appreciate any and all comments. Don't be shy. Let us know what we've done right, what we need to do more of, and what we've missed completely.

Give it some thought and let us know via the usual channels -- the wiki, newsgroups, mailing lists, bugzilla -- whatever's easiest. And let's work on making DTP better over the long haul!

Thanks in advance!
--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity Team Lead
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.

Back to the top