From: brian.fitzpatrick@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Xiaoying Gu <xgu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07/31/2008 09:08 AM
Subject: Re: [dtp-pmc] SQLTools M1 branch issues

Hey Loic...

I've had some time to look into this a bit (with John's help, thanks John!)...

We believe that the issue is due to the fact that in the cases of modelbase and sqldevtools that the branched map files indicating which tags to pick up are incorrect. I think they were updated on the day we branched, just a bit after the branch occurred, so the HEAD map files have the correct dates for things you want in the M1 build...

That's only part of the issue though. The other part is that it appears that changes were delivered and tagged in sqldevtools after that (both in the M1 branch and HEAD), but the map files were not updated. Connectivity and enablement map files look ok in the branch and in head.

In addition, the about files... Let's take a specific example... if you look at the history of the about.html file in o.e.d.sqltools.parsers.sql.lexer, you'll see this (see screenshot below). The about.html file in the branch has the correct history. And the change was made in mid May (not mid June as we chatted about yesterday afternoon) for ALL the about.html files across DTP that needed to be changed.

So if we need to fix these individual cases in sqldevtools where the about files are out of whack, we should be able to do so.

But what I need you to do is go through and figure out what specific M1 changes aren't there that you know should be, and address the map files problems in those cases. That should take care of 90% of the issues I think (and hope).

--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity Team Lead
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.

Loic R Julien <lj@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/30/2008 04:22 PM

Please respond to
DTP PMC mailing list <dtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

dtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Xiaoying Gu <xgu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
[dtp-pmc] SQLTools M1 branch issues

Hi DTP-PMC,

We are seeing some discrepancies between the M1 branch and HEAD that should not be. Mainly in the SQLTools project though, we should really revalidate the entire branch.

To illustrate I can take the about.html example. about.html is being reported as a difference, but this was addressed by Brian Fitz around June 15. While this example is minor, we have a lot of code
changes that do not appear in the M1 branch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated so that we can resolve this as soon as possible.

Below a screenshot where M1 and HEAD are being compared:

Thanks,
~Loïc

Loïc JULIEN
Information Management