[dtp-pmc] Branching policy for DTP 1.6 (Ganymede)

Hi all...

After some discussion at today's DTP PMC meeting, we've decided on the following policy as far as branching goes...

1)  Until Ganymede is released on 6/25, don't check in anything that's not a PMC-approved bug for Ganymede set for the 1.6 RC4 milestone.
2) Once Ganymede is released, we will only be delivering maintenance bugs until we decide to branch.
3) We will branch once we need to deliver new feature work for the next major (June 2009) release. At that point, we will need to deliver applicable fixes to both the 1.6 branch for the maintenance releases (Fall/September 2008, and Spring/February 2009) as well as the head stream (next major/June 2009) release.

If anybody has questions, please don't hesitate to ask via the newsgroups or the mailing list.

Thanks for your time!
--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity Team Lead
Senior Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.

Back to the top