[dtp-pmc] Re: [dtp-dev] Nightly build and bug status

Hui,

+1 for the fix.

Please briefly describe the fix and ensure appropriate regression testing. Thx.

Regards,
Sheila
IBM Silicon Valley Laboratory
Data Tools Application Development Team Lead
sholars@xxxxxxxxxx
(408)463-2347, TL 8-543-2347
Inactive hide details for Hui.Cao@xxxxxxxxxxHui.Cao@xxxxxxxxxx

          Hui.Cao@xxxxxxxxxx
          Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          03/16/2006 09:45 PM

          Please respond to
          DTP development mailing list

cc

dtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Subject

Re: [dtp-dev] Nightly build and bug status

Hi John,

During testing, I found a blocking bug:132292. To reproduce the bug, create a sql file, open it, attach to Derby connection profile, click OK to connect. Then shutdown eclipse and restart, eclipse will hang there. I've fixed it locally. Once PMC agrees to fix it, I'll commit the changes right away.

Best Regards!

Max ( Hui ) Cao
DTP SQL Dev Tools Committer
Sr S/W Eng - Dev
Sybase, Inc. Shanghai, China

jograham@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/16/2006 09:01 AM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
dtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
[dtp-dev] Nightly build and bug status

The 3/16 nightly build is now available on the download site.

We currently have no blocking, critical, or major bugs registered against
0.7. I have done some light sanity testing this morning on both Eclipse 3.1
and 3.2M5a, and things look good!

Given this situation, I propose that we all continue to test the 3/16
build. If no blocking or critical bugs are found by tomorrow morning, then
let's do three things:

1. Branch the code line for 0.7
2. Promote the 3/16 build to "RC1"
3. With approval from the Callisto team, provide an update to the Callisto
download for RC1.

If any "major" bugs are registered, it will be up to dtp-dev discussion and
the dtp-pmc approval about whether the bug should be fixed or deferred.

Once we get to this steady state, we'll hold the RC1 build until we get IP
clearance from EMO legal, and then we can announce the DTP 0.7 release.

I would like to take a moment to thank everyone for working hard to close
out these bugs in a timely fashion -- we've really done a great job, and I
think everyone should be proud!

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair