[dtp-pmc] Re: [dtp-dev] Preference Page Changes

The Label Decorations preference page is used by the DSE when it displays a SQL Model based connection and should not be removed.

The Output preference page should be removed.

Larry Dunnell
Internet address: ledunnel@xxxxxxxxxx

Hui.Cao@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/15/2006 04:38 PM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
dtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [dtp-dev] Preference Page Changes

Hi,

       Bob's patch file has been applied to SQL Dev Tools. But I guess the "Label Decoration" is used by WTP Table Editor and "Output" is used by WTP Results view, if that's the case, shall we remove them? These 2 pages are contributed from org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.core.ui plugin.

Best Regards!

Max ( Hui ) Cao
DTP SQL Dev Tools Committer
Sr S/W Eng - Dev
Sybase, Inc. Shanghai, China

rcernich@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/15/2006 02:18 PM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
dtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
[dtp-dev] Preference Page Changes

Hey all,

I've got part of this checked in to CVS.  I've asked Hui to check the
remaining changes into sql dev tools as I don't have write access.  Along
with reorganizing the preference page hierarchy, I've changed the category
names used by views and new wizards to make them consistent.

Once Hui has checked in the remaining fixes, could you please check to make
sure things look satisfactory to you.

On a technical note, I didn't do any mucking with the preference page IDs,
I just changed the IDs used in the category nodes and changed the display
names associated with the preference pages and view and new wizard
categories.  We may want to think about changing the IDs for these in 1.0
so the IDs are more consistent with their usage.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, concerns...
Rob