Re: [dtp-pmc] DTP 0.7 RC0 Bug Summary for 3/10

Resolved 131117 (Major) and 131334 (Major) for modelbase project. Brian Payton is working on 131118 (Critical).

Thanks,

Der-Ping Chou
Information Management Tooling
Development Manager - Data Tools
Seattle IBM Office
tel : 1-206-587-5946 (T/L: 277-5946)

jograham@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: dtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/10/2006 08:09 AM

Please respond to
DTP PMC mailing list <dtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
dtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
[dtp-pmc] DTP 0.7 RC0 Bug Summary for 3/10

Currently there are 3 major and 1 critical bugs registered against RC0.
Here are the details:

131118 (Critical)
-----------------------
Assigned to: Der-Ping
Analysis: Hui has made a suggestion, which I tried in my local environment,
but it did not work. Apparently something to do with the SQL Query model
(manifest file conversion?)

Request: Der-Ping, Larry, or Brian (Payton): Can you please look into this
as soon as possible?

131117 (Major)
---------------------
Assigned to: Model Base
plug-in
Analysis: An easy fix, but required for release by IP policy

Request: I am happy to take care of this or let someone else add the file
-- just let me know either way.

131225 (Major)
---------------------
Assigned to: Connectivity
button.
Analysis: Required for BIRT integration

Request: Rob -- please look into as soon as possible.

131334 (Major)
---------------------
Assigned to: John Graham
Analysis: Easy fix, which will appear in Monday's build

In addition, we'd like to convert all DTP 0.7 plug-ins to use manifest
files. I know some of these have been done already, but I suspect that
others remain. I would like plug-in owners who have yet to make this
conversion to create a "major" bug for 0.7 for each case.

Since we are entering the final week before the 0.7 release, I would like
to suggest that we lock down bug fixes starting today. Only the bugs
mentioned above (and any created for manifest file conversions) should be
worked on between now and the final 0.7 build. If new blocking, critical,
or major bugs are registered, then it will be up to the project lead to
determine if the bug is really that serious and, if so, ask dtp-pmc for
authorization to include it in the work list. A two person "ok" vote from
the PMC on dtp-pmc will constitute acceptance of the new bug.

If there are no objections raised today to this ramp down policy, we'll put
it into effect and I'll update the Wiki page accordingly.

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.