[dtp-pmc] Re: Fw: Exemplary Derby Routine Editor first version is pending to commit

Hui,

We just checked in the changes for dbdefinition model and also updated the API. In order to stream line the changes, we have updated the UML model and regenerate the ecore model. Here are the snapshot of the changes:
  • A new DebuggerDefinition class is added
  • Attributes (eventSupported, sqlUDFSupported and, storedProcedureSupported) are added in Database VendorDefinition class.
  • Did not add the request for trigger attribute, since it already exists.
  • org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.core\src\org\eclipse\datatools\connectivity\sqm\internal\core\definition package is also changed to consume the new dbdefinition model.

As I mentioned in my previous e-mail, please file a new defect for SQLModel related change. Most likely we will come up with a specialized model for Derby.

Thanks,

Der-Ping Chou
Information Management Tooling
Development Manager - Data Tools
Seattle IBM Office
tel : 1-206-587-5946 (T/L: 277-5946)

Hui.Cao@xxxxxxxxxx

02/20/2006 01:20 AM

Der Ping Chou/Redmond/IBM@IBMUS
cc
dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Fw: Exemplary Derby Routine Editor first version is pending to commit

Hi Der Ping,

       Could you please have a look at the Bug 109112: "Needs new attributes (sqlUdfSupported, eventSupported) and class (DebuggerDefinition)" ? I had modified my SQL Dev Tools code based on the patches I uploaded for the Bug. Without this fix, I can not proceed. Thanks!

Best Regards!

Max ( Hui ) Cao
DTP SQL Dev Tools Committer
Sr S/W Eng - Dev
Sybase, Inc. Shanghai, China

----- Forwarded by Hui Cao/SYBASE on 02/20/2006 04:54 PM -----
Hui Cao/SYBASE

02/17/2006 09:50 PM

dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Exemplary Derby Routine Editor first version is pending to commit

Hi,

       I was about to commit the exemplary derby routine editor when I found that this feature relies on some modified model base and connectivity code and this checkin would break the build. I've created/updated bug entries for the prerequisite tasks:

Bug 109112: "Needs new attributes (sqlUdfSupported, eventSupported) and class (DebuggerDefinition)" (I've uploaded the patches)

Bug 128396: "ManagedConnection.isConnected() returns wrong value"

       Once the above mentioned bugs have been fixed, I'll proceed with the commit. This feature is still at its crude stage, only being able to show the source code for Derby Trigger. Detailed information can be found in Bug 128392: "Routine.getSource() returns null". As to the "save" function, I expect it can be accomplished in Bug 128394 by connectivity layer: "Lack of means to persist the Routine object back to database". But I'm always glad to discuss it with anyone who don't think so. Thanks!

Best Regards!

Max ( Hui ) Cao
DTP SQL Dev Tools Committer
Sr S/W Eng - Dev