[dtp-pmc] Eclipse release process: for discussion today

PMC,

I'd like to discuss the Eclipse release process in today's PMC meeting, so
we can decide what to request with respect to the 0.7 release. The
following link has the relevant information:

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/validation-phase.php#Checkpoint%20Review

The main question is, I think, whether DTP should request to exit
incubation with 0.7 (and thus have a Checkpoint review). I believe that DTP
will meet the criteria for exiting in the 0.7 time frame. If not (perhaps
the "active communities" might be an issue?), then what does DTP do for 0.7
in terms of release? As I read the policy, a project first does the
Checkpoint review, and then a Release review for each subsequent major
release. I will ask Bjorn about this, but I think we should first decide as
a PMC whether we feel that requesting a Checkpoint review for 0.7 makes
sense.

Regards,
John Graham
Staff Software Engineer