Re: [dtp-dev] [External] : Data Tools Platform Updates

Cameron,

I promise to look at incoming pull requests, though I'm really rather clueless about the underlying technology.

There is now a fully automated Oomph setup for creating a development environment:

https://github.com/eclipse-datatools/.github/blob/main/CONTRIBUTING.md

Please use it and please report any problems.  I tested it just now from scratch so there should be no problems.

The setup does all the necessary things to start with a clean, error-free workspace, with all the projects imported from the clones, and with an appropriate API baseline and target platform:

I generally work like this:

I.e., origin references the "real" git repository and I create a remote that references my fork.  I never have to worry about keeping the master branch of my fork in sync with the master branch of the "real" repository so I can always just pull to get the latest master content.  I create topic branches and push them to "merks" with force pushes if I amend things.

Note that there's a shared external tools launcher for doing a local Tycho build:

So you can test locally that your PR commit will build.

Note that I'm still waiting on this issue:

  https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/issues/3219

to complete the setup of the build job that will verify PRs:

  https://ci.eclipse.org/datatools/job/build/

Cheers,
Ed