From: "Brian Payton" <bpayton@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 12:03:00 PM
Subject: Re: [dtp-dev] Push tag in Git repo

Hi Fitz,

Here's some steps for tagging.

    1. Do a "Show in History" action on the plugin.
    2. Right-click on the change in the History view you want to tag and do a Team -> Create Tag... action. Enter a tag name following our usual practice and a tag comment. Leave everything else as default. Click OK. A yellow tag marker should show up in the History view on the entry for the code change.
    3. Make sure you have the correct releng project for the changed plugin in your workspace.
    4. Edit the .map file and update the tag for the changed plugin.
    5. Commit the change
    6. Do a Team -> Remote -> Push following Yong Jiang's recommendation

The reason you can't import the releng project is that it doesn't have a .project file associated with it. Use the "Import as General Project" option in the Import Projects wizard; that will create a .project file for you when it imports. Add the .project file to source control and check it in with your change. (I've been doing that for the enablement projects that I'm updating.)

Regards,
Brian

Brian Payton
DTP PMC Lead