[dtp-dev] Kind help request

First of all, thanks a lot for having accepted my request to join the group.

I'm working on a small idea to build a database "cloner" using dtp
tools. I'm able to "clone" a database structure (I mean: generate the
DDL script from the source database and execute it on the destination
database using GroupSQLResultRunnable just like in executeDDL method of
FEWizard in "org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.ddlgen.internal.ui.wizards").
Now, I would be very happy to also copy all data from source database to
destination one; I see two different approaches:

1 - perform the job directly accessing to JDBC API, let me say the
"traditional approach" (the same approach used by the "extract data" and
"load data" wizards in data tools);
2 - perform the job through a very nicer and elegant approach (in my
poor opinion): use all instruments provided by data tools like
StatementHelper and so on

So, I would like to implement the second one but it take too much time
understanding of how to use all those instruments in the correct way
looking at data tools source code (that I'm currently studying). In
other words, I need a small help by someone who deeply knows data tools,
may be some source code snippet is enough, about the real use of
StatementHelper to produce, let's say, "SELECT" and "INSERT" statements
to be executed through (I imagine) GroupSQLResultRunnable.
Really, searching in data tools source code, is very hard to find out
how StatementHelper is being used to perform data extraction or insertion.
I see this as a reasonable improvement which could be incorporate as a
useful new extension of data tools functionalities.
Of course, if someone of you would like to have more details on my
activity, I'll be happy to provide them.

Thank you very much in advance for helping me.

Giacomo Castellano
begin:vcard
fn:Giacomo Castellano
n:Castellano;Giacomo