Re: [dtp-dev] Driver Using DTP

Hi Ray...

So you're trying to create a new driver to connect to a DBF file?

All of the DTP database functionality is geared towards JDBC access, meaning that you'd need to have a JDBC driver already. Let me point you to a series of blog posts I did for enabling the SQLite database for DTP a while back. It walks through all the various steps:

http://fitzdtp.blogspot.com/2008/06/how-do-you-add-your-own-custom-driver.html
http://fitzdtp.blogspot.com/2008/08/dtp-sqlite-support-continued-on-to.html
http://fitzdtp.blogspot.com/2008/08/creating-actual-sqlite-connection.html
http://fitzdtp.blogspot.com/2008/08/creating-sqlite-connection-profile-ui.html

Please let me know if that doesn't get you going in the right direction. The online help for DTP 1.6 and the upcoming 1.7 also includes steps for creating the driver definition and connection profile via the UI.

Good luck!
--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity Team Lead
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.

"Ray da Costa" <raydacostaj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/21/2009 03:38 PM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[dtp-dev] Driver Using DTP

A helping hand ...

What is a step by step to create a driver using dtp. My boss went to envento EclipseCon 2009 and
arrived with a task. I have to build a driver plugin using DTP.
I have to access dbf files, but if you can build a POC HasMap already accessing a help.
What is a step by step for this procedure?

Ray da Costa
www.ray.system.nom.br