[dtp-dev] A few last-minute changes to DTP APIs (sorry for late notice)

Hi all...

Just to let folks know of what's coming in the DTP Galileo M7 milestone build, there are some potentially breaking API changes. Yes, they're late, thus the need for this e-mail...

1) We have refactored the SQL Editor code in SQL Dev into two main categories - non-UI and UI plug-ins. This has required a few changes that will hopefully be minimal to anyone extending the SQL Editor framework. I'm awaiting a document detailing the changes that I will pass along as soon as I get it. If you can dig into some ugly patches and zips, you can look at those for bug 252005 (https://bugs.eclipse.org/252005).

2) Due to a change in a method signature in the Common Navigator Framework and a lovely issue encountered with JDK 1.4/JDK 1.5 compatibility, we've had to make a tweak to the Data Source Explorer code that may affect adopters using or extending it in their own code. The change is documented in bug 272774 (https://bugs.eclipse.org/272774). It's quite minimal so I hope it won't affect anyone. But without it we're unable to support 3.4 and 3.5 effectively.

Again, apologies for letting folks know about these so late in the process. We had some delays in getting #1 done in time for M6 and that pushed us to the end of M7. And #2 was just made aware to us this week or last, so we're responding as quickly as we can.

Thanks for your patience.

--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity & Enablement Team Lead
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.

Back to the top