Re: [dtp-dev] Schema == null

Hi Brian

Thanks for the response.... the links for Firebird are:

Firebird Server: http://www.firebirdsql.org/index.php?op=files&id=engine_212
(I wrote incorrectly on before e-mail, I'm using 2.1.2 not 2.1.1 like I informed)
JDBC JayBird: http://www.firebirdsql.org/index.php?op=files&id=jaybird

Toni

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 6:20 PM, <brian.fitzpatrick@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Toni!

Yes, Firebird will be an issue because it doesn't support schemas. That said, it's fairly simple to get around this issue. I created a new SQLite enablement project for Galileo (our release due out in June 2009) and it has no support for catalogs or schemas, so that could serve as a starting point for Firebird support.

Unfortunately we do not currently have a plan to support Firebird, but we can certainly look at adding that support in the June 2010 release.

Can you open a BZ entry with links to where to download the Firebird & Jaybird components and I can see if I can bang something together to at least get you started? I can't guarantee that I'll have much time to do it, and it definitely won't show up in our next release.

--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity Team Lead
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.

Toni Wickert <toniwickert@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/22/2009 02:37 PM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[dtp-dev] Schema == null

Hi

Is the problem related below a problem with firebird driver or is it a problem with DTP 1.6 that doesn't accept a null schema ?
I'm having the same problem... FB 2.1.1 DTP 1.6.2 Jay-bird 2.1.6
I'm not sure about, but I think that Firebird doesn't use schemas.

In the next release is there a plan to add Firebird suport to DTP ??

Best Regards

Toni

Hi Delmar!

No worries about your English. I understood perfectly what you were after. ;)

At this point it may just be that the Jaybird JDBC driver isn't providing what the generic catalog loader (which provides the catalog/schema/tables/procedure/etc. to the data source explorer tree) is expecting.

Why don't you add an enhancement request for the DTP Enablement project to add Firebird support and we can look into that for the next release?

Also... Can you provide details like which version of firebird you're using and where to grab it? If we have time to look at it for one of the maintenance releases, we can see if there's anything we can do to help you out.

Sorry we can't be more help right now. Ganymede (DTP 1.6) is on its way out the door next week, so we're pretty much at the end of the road for this release.

--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity Team Lead
Senior Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.

"Delmar Wichnieski" <delmar.delmar@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/18/2008 08:00 AM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<dtp-connect-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[dtp-dev] Eclipse jee ganymede 3.4 RC4 >> generic jdbc firebird        drive >> Schema "null" cannot be resolved for table XXXXX

Hi friends

My name is Delmar, I'm from Brazil and my english is not perfect

I'm testing Eclipse jee ganymede 3.4 RC4

I created one project Java EE - Enterprise Application Project and configured:

   application.xml

   Data Source Explorer JDBC with Firebird connection using Jaybird-2.1.3JDK_1.3

   Connection open but don't show no schema

I created one second projetc JPA - JPA Project and configured:

   Persistence.xml

   one class denominated BAIRRO

I get 3 erros

Schema "null" cannot be resolved for table "BAIRRO"

Column "CODIGO" cannot be resolved

Schema "null" cannot be resolved for table "BAIRRO"

Because  I'm using Firebird and there are no default schema and no tables are displayed by DSE how I could may contorn the problem?

Delmar Wichnieski

---------------------------- Source Code Application.xml ---------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:application="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd" id="Application_ID" version="5">
 <display-name>SushiBoss</display-name>
 <module>
   <ejb>SushiJPA.jar</ejb>
 </module>
 <module>
   <web>
     <web-uri>SushiWAR.war</web-uri>
     <context-root>SushiWAR</context-root>
   </web>
 </module>
</application>

---------------------------- Source Code Persistence.xml ---------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<persistence xmlns="
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="1.0" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd">
   <persistence-unit name="pu">
       <provider>oracle.toplink.essentials.PersistenceProvider</provider>
       <class>entity.BAIRRO</class>
       <properties>
           <property name="toplink.jdbc.driver" value="org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver"/>
           <property name="toplink.jdbc.url" value="jdbc:firebirdsql:localhost:C:\Arquivos de programas\webapps\SushiBoss\tabela\SUSHIBAR.FDB"/>
           <property name="toplink.jdbc.user" value="SYSDBA"/>
           <property name="toplink.jdbc.password" value="A"/>
           <property name="toplink.logging.level" value="INFO"/>
       </properties>
   </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

---------------------------- Source Code BAIRRO ---------------------------------------

package entity;

import java.io.Serializable;

import javax.persistence.Entity;
import
javax.persistence.Id;

@Entity
public class BAIRRO implements Serializable {

 @Id
private long CODIGO;
private String NOME;

 public long getCODIGO() {