Re: [dtp-dev] headless dtp

Hey Sam...

Happy to help. I actually have a couple of examples I can bang together and put in a blog post today that will probably do the trick.

But before I get too far... Are you trying to execute the DDL via DTP APIs or just with a java.sql.Connection object you get from a connected profile?

--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity Team Lead
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.

Sam Donnelly <samd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/12/2009 11:28 PM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[dtp-dev] headless dtp

Hello,

I'm interested in using the DTP api's in a headless (non-gui)
environment. I've seen it mentioned that it's possible to do, but so far
I've had no luck. What I'm trying to start with is creating a transient
profile.

From there I'd like to issue DDL to a database.

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Thanks,