[dtp-dev] Reminder about impending 1.6.2 deadlines

Hi all...

Just wanted to remind everyone of the impending deadlines for our DTP 1.6.2 maintenance release. The window will close very quickly for changes to be delivered, so plan accordingly.

1) Our RC3 milestone build will go live as our final build candidate for the release train on Monday, February 16 (Shanghai time). This means that any final deliveries must be approved today and delivered very quickly. We would then need to request a respin of the DTP 1.6.2 RC3 build from Xiaoying to get a new build out in time.

2) After that, EPP package builds are going to be built on Monday, February 23. This means that any absolutely drop-dead critical fixes MUST be reviewed by the PMC and delivered if approval is granted in a very short amount of time.

3) To add a small wrinkle to this process, the Eclipse Webmasters are doing some maintenance to CVS, Bugzilla, and so on this Sunday, February 15 for a block of around 4 hours starting at 9am Eastern Time. Hopefully this won't affect too many people, but it's still good to know it's going on.

I'm hopeful that we will have all of our fixes in and done with a new build before the February 16 date. That said, we do have a very small amount of wiggle room to get things resolved if they come up, so we should be fine.

Thanks for your attention to this matter!
--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity Team Lead
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.

Back to the top