Re: [dtp-dev] chages in the jarList property delimiter

Hey Roy...

This was done to address a ton of cross-platform issues we were having.

We can try and put in a work-around for the older jar list delimiter, but I'm not quite sure (and this is I believe why there isn't one now) how to determine which method the jar list is using...

Please open a bugzilla entry and provide any suggestions you may have however and there's still time to get it in for 1.6.1.

--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity Team Lead
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.

"Roy Ganor" <roy@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/03/2008 06:51 AM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
[dtp-dev] chages in the jarList property delimiter

Hello,
As we moved from 1.5 to 1.6 the way a jarList property (in the driver extension) is parsed was changed.
In the good old days of 1.5 - the delimiter was defined as “,”
In 1.6 this delimiter was changed to File.PathDelimiterChar (platform dependent)

This change results in:
1.        extension points that were written to 1.5 are now broken
2.        if one uses “;” as delimiter - it doesn’t work on UNIX, and if one uses “:” as delimiter – it doesn’t work on MS Windows.

Please tell me if I am missing something.
If not I think that we should revert it and set it to “,” back again.