Re: [dtp-dev] Starting a project for complete support for SQL Server

Hi again...

One point of clarification... We'd like it if you could start with what we currently have in DTP Enablement as far as SQL Server support goes. It's not much, but we have several companies depending on that code who would appreciate it if it still worked and had some additional capabilities too.

Please let us know if you have any questions and we'll be happy to guide/help whereever possible.

Thanks!
--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity Team Lead
Senior Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.

François Granade <francois@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/29/2008 04:41 PM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Ahti Kitsik <ak@xxxxxxxx>, "pom@xxxxxxxx Ombredanne" <pom@xxxxxxxx>
Subject
[dtp-dev] Starting a project for complete support for SQL Server

Hello,

I am  interested in giving a hand to add/improve support for more
databases in DTP (i.e. enablement) together with a few other guys.
We are starting a project with initial focus on Microsoft SQL Server
(including SQL Server 2008).

For now we are hosting the project on SourceForge at https://sourceforge.net/projects/dtp-mssql/
 , but we would like to contribute the code back to Eclipse.org for
inclusion in the DTP releases, if there's interest for that.

If that's OK, we'll be starting by entering bugs in Bugzilla @ Eclipse
corresponding to SQL Server functionalities that we are working on, so
that you guys have some visbility on the area we are tackling.

We will propose patches for them as they get refined, and the fact
that everything happens in a public repo should make it easy for you
to review our eventual contributions.
Actually, since most our contributions may be patches of complete
modules/plugins, we will see if some of us can become committer, if
that makes sense for the DTP community.
But first, we'll try to show some code...
And we we will most likely have tons of questions along the way!

(BTW, some of us are already committers at Eclipse on other projects)

François Granade

--
François Granade | nexB – Open by Design
francois@xxxxxxxx | +1 415 992-6355 | http://www.nexb.com