[dtp-dev] SQLDevTools SQL Query Builder - help wanted

The SQL Query Builder (SQB) is a new graphical DML statement editor which will be released as part of the DTP Ganymede release. We wanted to include a DTP enablement framework for the SQB for Ganymede but we haven't been able to fit it into our current project plan. We're therefore asking anyone out there if they'd like to help.

One area that we think would be particularly good for a new contributor to get involved in would be enablement for SQL expressions and functions. Different SQL dialects expose their own expressions and functions and an enablement framework would allow DTP adopters to define the set of expressions and functions for their own databases. Defining and implementing such a framework could be a small self-contained project or the start of something more open ended for someone who wants to contribute to the DTP SQB.

If you're interested in helping with this or any other of the enhancement requests which are targeted for Post Ganymede in our SQB project plan at http://wiki.eclipse.org/DTP_SQL_Query_Builder_Ganymede_Project_Plan, please contact me at jeremy.lindop@xxxxxxxxxx

I look forward to hearing from you,
Jeremy
Jeremy Lindop
Sybase (UK) Limited
Telephone number +44 (0)113 2842073

Sybase (UK) Limited, Sybase Court, Crown Lane, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 8QZ is a company incorporated in England & Wales under company registration number 2175260.

NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain confidential information and may be protected by the attorney-client privilege.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this communication or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and please immediately delete it from your computer.

Back to the top