[dtp-dev] Re: sybase 11 jpa dali

Hi Zach...

Glad that got you started at least!

Honestly, I'm not sure, so I'm going to throw your question out to the mailing list to see if someone from the SQL Dev Tools or SQL Model teams can help you out...

Can someone look at Zach's question below and provide some guidance?

Thanks!
--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick
Senior Software Engineer/DTP Committer
Sybase, Inc.

Zach Visagie <zavisagie@xxxxxxxxx>

08/10/2007 01:30 AM

brian.fitzpatrick@xxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: sybase 11 jpa dali

> So far as we know, we've only been directed to
> support Sybase 12 and 15 at

That's a pity.

> shot. No guarantees though... I've included the

Of course.

> source for the two
> plug-ins plus two binary jar files you can try
> dropping in your
> installation.

You are too good!!! :)

> Let me know how it goes and good luck!

Thanks a lot. I am able to browse the schema properly
now in the data source explorer view. Yay!

Only problem is that when I try to generate entity
definitions for jpa, it does not give me a schema list
in the dialog. The tree organization of the connection
in the data source explorer is exactly the same in
both the sybase 11 connection and the sybase 15 one
(sybase 15 is working properly).

eg. db_name -> Catalogs -> db_name -> Schemas -> <dbo>
-> Tables -> <Table list>

It seems like it just needs some setting tweaked
somewhere. I don't expect you to help anymore than
you've already done (which is a lot, thanks), but
could you maybe just point me into a direction, such
as eg. which plugin's source to download or config
files to check?

Thanks!
Zach

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/