[dtp-dev] DTP 1.5 bug counts

The counts from this morning (number in parens are without target milestone
set):

bpayton@xxxxxxxxxx            12 (12)
brianf@xxxxxxxxxx              4 (0)
dpchou@xxxxxxxxxx              1 (0)
dyang@xxxxxxxxxx         1 (0)
hui.cao@xxxxxxxxxx             8 (4)
john.graham@xxxxxxxxxx   1 (1)
rcernich@xxxxxxxxxx            3 (3)
                        30 (20)

Since, according to our Rampdown plan:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/DTP_1.5_Rampdown_Policy

We have only Friday, 6/15, through Monday, 6/18, to make any planned bug
fixes, I would like to suggest a goal that all DTP 1.5 target milestone
bugs be in one of the following states by the PMC/Team Leading meeting on
Monday:

1. Target milestone is RC4, petition to PMC complete, and work to be
completed  by end of Monday
2. Target milestone is "future" or "Ganymede"
3. Bug is resolved (already fixed, wont fix, invalid, etc.)

In other words, the only (open) bugs that should come back with a DTP 1.5
target milestone query would be already approved for RC4 and planned to be
completed before next Tuesday morning.

On next Tuesday, 6/19, we will build and test DTP 1.5RC4 for promotion to
Europa on Wednesday, 6/20. Given fast cycle times required at the end of
release, please be aware that we will not be able to include any changes
after Tuesday morning, unless the severity/impact of the item is very high.
Ideally, the DTP 1.5RC4 build next Tuesday become the DTP 1.5 release.

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.