Re: [dtp-dev] Firebird enablement in DTP

Lawrence,

I think the practice for schema-less databases (notably MySQL) is to dummy-out the schema with the database name. Thus, at least for MySQL, the qualified name would be correct and the schema object would never be null. Obviously, we can revisit this issue when we fix the defects but I thought the information might help you workaround your current issues.

Yes, this would work for DSE view (that's what I did), but it won't help when the SQL is generated - Firebird's parser does not accept the <something>.<tablename> notation. This was already briefly discussed among the Firebird developers, but the proper schema support won't be there at least for the next 2 years.

Roman

Back to the top