Re: [dtp-dev] Adhoc sql editor

Hi Anthos,
        The sqlscrapbook plugin name is misleading. Although it's named "scrapbook", in fact it's handling sql files. This name comes from WTP RDB when we align with RDB efforts during the initial stage of DTP. It should be renamed to sqlfileeditor instead. Please open a bug entry for this problem.
        Back to your question, to open a sql editor which is not backed by a file, you can use SQLEditor with an instance ofSQLEditorStorageEditorInput.

Best Regards!

Max ( Hui ) Cao
Sybase, Inc. Shanghai, China

Anil Samuel <anil.samuel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/25/2006 11:40 AM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[dtp-dev] Adhoc sql editor

Hi

How do I open a (ScrapbookEditor) SQL Editor to edit a adhoc/dynamically
generated SQL ?
The ScrapbookEditorInput class is internal; so not available to external
plugins.

Note that the editor is not backed by a IFile instance when it is
started. Also should let user to save as usual.

Regards
Anthos