Re: [dtp-dev] Memory leak in connectivity framework

David,

This looks like something we need to investigate. Please make a Bugzilla
entry for this, if you haven't already.

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.
http://dataplat.blogspot.com/

             "David Meng"
             <dmeng@xxxxxxx>
             dtp-dev-bounces@e         "DTP development mailing list"
             clipse.org                <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             05/23/2006 06:19                                      Subject
             PM                        [dtp-dev] Memory leak in
                                       connectivity framework

             Please respond to
              DTP development
               mailing list
             <dtp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi,

I am wondering if it is a bug with data tools connectivity framework, I was
running into OutOfMemory when making consecutive (>50) connections to
oracle db server, I suspect there is an memory leak out there, here are the
steps to reproduce:

Environment: DTP 0.7 Eclipse 3.1 Compatibility Pack SDK

1. Open Database Development perspective
2. Click "New Connection Profile" button to launch "New Connection Profile"
wizard
3. Choose "SQL Model-JDBC" Connection, press "Next"
4. Enter name and press "Next"
5. On the driver list, select "Oracle JDBC Driver for Oracle 10" (create
one if not available on the list)
6. Enter valid Database, URL, User name and password information
7. Click "Test Connection" button
8. Repeat step 7 for >50 times

Same problem for DTP 0.9 RC3 (Eclipse 3.2)

Thanks,
David