Re: [dtp-dev] Newbie question for running DTP

Thanks, Der Ping.

It seems the Eclipse V3.2 SDK I installed did not include com.ibm.icu.  I
will download it again tomorrow and see.

Thanks,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

             Der Ping Chou
             <dpchou@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  DTP development mailing list
             dtp-dev-bounces@e         <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc
                                       dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
                                       dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
             04/27/2006 09:38                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: [dtp-dev] Newbie question for
                                       running DTP

             Please respond to
              DTP development
               mailing list

Xuan,

com.ibm.icu should come with Eclipse V3.2 SDK that you installed.

Also, looks like you icu does not agree with your JDK 1.5 environment.

Der-Ping Chou
Information Management Tooling
Development Manager - Data Tools
Seattle IBM Office
tel : 1-206-587-5946 (T/L: 277-5946)

 Xuan Chen <xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                 dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
 04/26/2006 11:53 AM                                                    cc

                                                                   Subject
           Please respond to                     [dtp-dev] Newbie question
      DTP development mailing list               for running DTP
         <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I am interested in how DTP support token highlighting for SQL source.  So I
followed the Getting Started guide to give it a try.

I downloaded eclipse 3.2, EMF2.2 and GEF 3.2.  Then I imported DTP plugins
as the external fragement or plugin inside eclipse's plugin development
perspective.  But after I invoke the second instance of the eclipse, I did
not see the Connectivity mentioned in the startup document in the
Preference page.

And I could see that from the .log file from my runtime workspace, the
connectivity plugin could not be loaded since Missing required bundle
com.ibm.icu_0.0.0

I found this com.ibm.icu_0.0.0 in my RAD development driver, so I just
copied it into my eclipse plugin directory of the DTP eclipse driver, but I
still get problem.  This is the .log file:

!SESSION 2006-04-25 22:29:47.667
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.5.0_06
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.sdk.ide -pdelaunch
Command-line arguments:  -product org.eclipse.sdk.ide -data
e:\DTP\runtime-workspace -dev
file:e:/DTP/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/New_configuration/dev.properties

-pdelaunch -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 2006-04-25 22:29:48.796
!MESSAGE Could not install bundle plugins/com.ibm.icu_3.4.2.jar   No match
is available for the required execution environment: CDC-1.0
/Foundation-1.0,J2SE-1.3

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2006-04-25 22:29:49.05
!MESSAGE Bundle
update@../../DTP/workspace/org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity/ [3] was not
resolved.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2006-04-25 22:29:49.05
!MESSAGE Missing required bundle com.ibm.icu_0.0.0.

Just wondering what did I missed?

Thanks,

Xuan Chen