[dtp-dev] DTP build available & notes about build problems in 3.2M5a

A build of DTP CVS head is now available on the download site. Note the
version on the zip is "0.9" but the plug-in versions have not been updated
yet. (We are using "0.9" until we are sure about the DTP Callisto version
number.) Since this is part of the DTP Callisto stream, it is now built
only in 3.2 (using M5a, and hence not the existing build scripts). Moving
forward, we'll be redoing the build system to use more standard practices
for Eclipse projects. For the time being, I exported these directly from a
3.2M5a IDE session, with the exception of the ODA plug-ins that were build
in the IDE using the "download.plugin" target and setting the
"eclipse.home" property as necessary. The manual process worked fine, with
one major exception.

For the org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.server.ui plug-in, the
following classes were not added to the jar, even though the compile
completed with no errors:

org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.server.internal.ui.explorer.providers.content.layout.IServerExplorerOnDemandContentProviderNav

org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.server.internal.ui.explorer.providers.content.layout.hierar.ServerExplorerHierarContentProviderNav

org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.server.internal.ui.explorer.content.ServerExplorerConfiguration$ConnectionNotEstablishedException

org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.server.internal.ui.explorer.providers.content.layout.vnode.ServerExplorerVNodeContentProviderNav

org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.server.internal.ui.explorer.providers.content.impl.ServerExplorerContentProviderNav.ServerExplorerHierarchicalLayoutNav

This results in a number of extension and class cast exception errors when
connecting in the DSE. The inner class might not be a problem, since its
absence might be explained by differences in the Eclipse incremental
compiler vs. the base J2SE one, but the other classes do seem to be missing
for some strange reason. Again, I checked the compiler output and there
were no errors. Launching a test workbench from Eclipse with these plug-ins
loaded does not result in the same error, so it is some sort of strange jar
problem. In order to get a build out for committer testing today, I thus
patched the old version of this jar into the build, since I could not find
the root cause of the problem. Any suggestions on how to correct this would
be appreciated.

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair