Re: [dtp-dev] DTP 0.7 RC0 3/13 nightly build available

Hui,

Thanks for pointing this out -- I have scanned the plug-ins and opened bugs
for the corrections that need to happen in connectivity and model base for
this.

Please work in Eclipse 3.2M5a today to try to resolve 131535, and then
we'll test it in Eclipse 3.1, once the manifest files are sorted out.

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.
http://dataplat.blogspot.com/

             Hui.Cao@xxxxxxxxx
             dtp-dev-bounces@e         DTP development mailing list
             clipse.org                <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             03/14/2006 02:53                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [dtp-dev] DTP 0.7 RC0 3/13
                                       nightly build available

             Please respond to
              DTP development
               mailing list
             <dtp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

John,
        When I was working on bug 131535, I downloaded all the latest code
from CVS, but I failed to connect in DSE. I found the problem is in
sqm.core, the Eclipse-LazyStart is set to true, which causes line 616 in
ConnecitonInfoImpl throw NullPointerException:
DatabaseDefinitionRegistry defRegistry =
RDBCorePlugin.getDefault().getDatabaseDefinitionRegistry();
My eclipse is 3.1.1. Did I do something wrong? or has anybody else also
noticed this problem?

Does it make sense to use "Eclipse-AutoStart: true" for all the plugins
that have defined getDefault() method?

Best Regards!

Max ( Hui ) Cao
DTP SQL Dev Tools Committer
Sr S/W Eng - Dev
Sybase, Inc. Shanghai, China

 jograham@xxxxxxxxxx
 Sent by:
 dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx                                            To
                                                 dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                        cc
 03/13/2006 08:15 AM
                                                                   Subject
                                                 [dtp-dev] DTP 0.7 RC0
          Please respond to                      3/13 nightly build
     DTP development mailing list                available
        <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The 3/13 nightly build of DTP 0.7 RC0 is now available on the download
site.

Bug Status
---------------
Blocking: 0

Critical: 1
    131535: Still problems with executing stored procs from DSE. If this
problem persists, we might have to remove the "Run..." context menu item
from DSE, since it seems to work fine from the editor itself.

Major: 2
   131117: about.html for org.eclipse.datatools.modelbase.derby -- just
need to add it to build.properties, since it isn't being picked up in the
build process.

   131225: Seems to be fixed -- Rob: Linda confirms this... Can one of you
two close this bug off?