[dtp-dev] Branching for 0.7

After some discussion and fact finding by the PMC, we would like to suggest
the following branch policy for 0.7:

1. The branch tag for 0.7 will be 'R0.7_maintenance'
2. Committers are free to branch their plug-ins using the above tag between
now and when the final 0.7 build is completed
3. If you branch before the final 0.7 build, then you *must* inform dtp-dev
and dtp-pmc about this action. Otherwise the build will continue to use CVS
'head' and not your new branch.
4. Once the final 0.7 build is complete, all plug-ins that have not been
branched yet will be branched with the above tag
5. Going forward past 0.7, CVS 'head' will be the stream for the next DTP
release, and the 'R0.7_maintenance' will be used for any 0.7 maintenance
releases we offer

A useful link for how to branch and work with branches from WTP (thanks
Jeffrey Liu!):

http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/maintenance/R0_7_maintenance.html

Thoughts? If there are no objections by EOD Thursday, 3/9, we will adopt
this policy effective Friday, 3/10. I will then update the build wiki with
this information.

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair