Re: [dtp-dev] Exemplary Derby Routine Editor is delivered

Thanks, Hui. We'll see these in Monday's build, and we can try to address
the issues you summarize below moving toward 0.7.

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.
http://dataplat.blogspot.com/

             Hui.Cao@xxxxxxxxx
             dtp-dev-bounces@e         dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/24/2006 12:53          [dtp-dev] Exemplary Derby Routine
             PM                        Editor is delivered

             Please respond to
              DTP development
               mailing list
             <dtp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi,
        I'm pleased to announce that this feature at last is completed.
Features include:
1. Trigger/Procedure/Function edit: Navigate in DSE to a procedural object,
right click and choose "Edit...", Routine editor will open.
2. Trigger/Procedure/Function launch and parameter configuration: through
"Run..."-->"Eclipse Data Tools"-->"New", you can create a launch
configuration for a procedural object. You can test the following built-in
procedure/function:
Procedure: SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_COMPRESS_TABLE [schemaname], [tablename]
Function: SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_RUNTIMESTATISTICS()

Limitations & Known bugs:
1. No refresh
After editing, press "Ctrl+S", the procedural object will be saved but the
editor will load the old definition. See bug 129092:Calling
ICatalogObject.refresh() causes NullPointerException and bug 128766:Cannot
refresh in DSE
2. Function Parameter can't be loaded: because of bug 129334: Derby Catalog
loader fails to get parameter for Function, we can only launch a function
without parameters. As a workaround, you can specify "Adhoc SQL"
configuration type, and input the sql statement manually. e.g. values
"SYSCS_UTIL"."SYSCS_CHECK_TABLE" ('APP', 'AAA')
3. Event is not supported (of course I mean in the framework, not for
Derby), see bug 109112
4. Embeded Derby support is not stable due to the fact that only one
connection is allowed per VM.
5. For Derby network connection, I'm using "DB2 Universal Driver for Derby
Network Server 10.0" driver template, driver file is derbyclient.jar,
driver class is "org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver", db name: SAMPLE1,
user: APP, password: APP
6. Due to the recent result view API change, you need to clear your
workspace before you can successfully use the result view.

With this delivery, I've updated the version number for
org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.* to 0.7.0.200602242

Best Regards!

Max ( Hui ) Cao
DTP SQL Dev Tools Committer
Sr S/W Eng - Dev