[dtp-dev] Plug-in version numbers updated

As part of our Callisto effort, I have added a fourth place version number
to all DTP plug-ins in the build. In addition, all version numbers have
been updated to "0.7.0", with the exception of ODA (remains at "3.0" coming
from BIRT). The fourth place version number is required by Callisto so the
update mechanism will function correctly, and download only those plug-ins
that change between updates.

Starting out, all DTP plug-ins have the same fourth place version number:
200602241. The meaning of this number is as follows:

> 2006: current year
> 02: current month
> 24: current day (for the build tomorrow)
> 1: first iteration on 02/24/2006

The idea is to update this version position only when the particular
plug-in is changed. For example, if plug-in org.eclipse.datatools.foo
changes on 3/1, then the fourth place version number should be updated to
200603011. If that plug-in then changes again on the same day, then the
fourth place version number should be updated to 200603012. Since this
version scheme is monotonically increasing, then the update manager will
know what plug-ins need to be updated given the baseline of 200602241.

Currently the plug-in version numbers are stored in two places: in the
plugin.xml or manifest.mf file and in the build.properties file. For the
time being, each committer needs to be aware of these version locations and
update the fourth place version number by hand with each delivery. Do not
change any other version place (for example, do not change "0.7.0" to
"0.7.1") unless directed to by the PMC. If the future, a magical script
will appear that will take care of this version update automatically, but,
until then, we'll need to rely on each committer to take care of this.

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.