[dtp-connect-dev] ping failes

Dear all,

I have a problem with getting the Apache Derby example up and running.
I installed Apache Derby, I am not sure what I should do with the classpath. I created the DERBY_INSTALL environment variable.

I followed these steps:
- created the driver definition: it is a bit strange but the driver for the latest version of derby is not available, selected the available one.

I used the embedded  JDBC driver

- I assigned the location where the derby.jar of my apache derby installation is located and the location where I am going to store my databases

- Then I created a  connection profile. When I press the button test connection I get a message Ping failed

Here are the details:

java.sql.SQLException: Failed to create database 'C:\DataFiles\DerbyDatabases', see the next exception for details.
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.seeNextException(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.createDatabase(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection40.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40.getNewEmbedConnection(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
 at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.db.generic.JDBCConnection.createConnection(JDBCConnection.java:87)
 at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.db.derby.DerbyEmbeddedJDBCConnection.createConnection(DerbyEmbeddedJDBCConnection.java:136)
 at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.internalCreateConnection(DriverConnectionBase.java:104)
 at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.open(DriverConnectionBase.java:53)
 at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.db.derby.DerbyJDBCConnectionFactory.createConnection(DerbyJDBCConnectionFactory.java:32)
 at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionFactoryProvider.createConnection(ConnectionFactoryProvider.java:77)
 at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionProfile.createConnection(ConnectionProfile.java:354)
 at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.run(PingJob.java:57)
 at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to create database 'C:\DataFiles\DerbyDatabases', see the next exception for details.
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown Source)
 ... 19 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Directory C:\DataFiles\DerbyDatabases already exists.
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source)
 ... 16 more
Caused by: ERROR XBM0J: Directory C:\DataFiles\DerbyDatabases already exists.
 at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.StorageFactoryService$9.run(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.StorageFactoryService.createServiceRoot(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.bootService(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.createPersistentService(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.createPersistentService(Unknown Source)
 ... 16 more
Can somebody explain me what is wrong ?

kind regards,
Danny