Re: [dtp-connect-dev] Reduce the Derby connection reference

Hi Rob,
        What I'm trying to do is:
1. call IConnectionProfile.createConnection("java.sql.Connection") to get a Derby embeded connection to execute sql statements;
2. after the execution, when I find the connection is the same with the shared connection managed, I can't simply close it, instead, I need to reduce the connection reference count by calling DerbyEmbeddedJDBCConnection.close(). The problem is: I can't get the DerbyEmbeddedJDBCConnection instance by calling IManagedConnection.getConnection(), what I get is RestrictedVersionProviderConnection.
        If I don't call DerbyEmbeddedJDBCConnection.close(), next time the Derby connection profile can't be connected any more in DSE.

Best Regards!

Max ( Hui ) Cao
DTP SQL Dev Tools Committer
Sr S/W Eng - Dev
Sybase, Inc. Shanghai, China

rcernich@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: dtp-connect-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/24/2006 06:33 AM

Please respond to
DTP Connectivity project development list <dtp-connect-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

DTP Connectivity project development list <dtp-connect-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [dtp-connect-dev] Reduce the Derby connection reference

Hey Max,

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are trying to do.  Could you
please elaborate?

Regards,
Rob